Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Is a Blog a Useful research tool, and why?

To answer the above question, I would have to reflect on my experiences using blogger. I have enjoyed using blogger as a "Diary". If you read before this blog entry, you can see that two years ago, I was depressed and felt completely alone, and people have shared their feelings with me, and I have been able to overcome that depression. Now that I have grown personally, professionally, mentally, and I have matured, I'd say that it is an excellent tool. Later on, I had to open a blog for classes, and my experience there was not that good, but I'd have to say that that is because of the instructor's lack of interest in motivating us to use it completely. However, I have enjoyed my experiences, and posting stuff for classes.

Why is it useful? Students can use an new interactive way to communicate ideas, opinions, and ask for help, outside of the classroom, and one can maintain a certain level of anonymity if anyone doesn't want to share their identities. Yes, it has its disadvantages, but I'd say the advantages are more.

No comments: