Monday, October 01, 2007

Mirage





Lost in this world,
I’m in a confusing crossroad,
without no lead or sign.
I look down and see blood,
flooding under my feet,
yet no flesh or wound.
I look at the sky and I see fire meteorites,
shooting down as nuclear bombs,
And my mind closes down,
leaving me inhuman,
incapable of doing anything to save me.
A flaming bird flies down and picks me up,
sailing me through the violet skies.
Clocks tick in my head,
pounding my conscience to craziness.
As I fly through the sky in the bird’s claws,
they cut me to pieces.
I see pieces of me falling to the darkness of a vast emptiness.
It is my hour;
the time has come for me to leave this world.
There is no reason for me to keep on living.
Yet I see, in the distance, a white silhouette.
Hair flailing in the wind, a long dress, drenched of sea water.
You reach out your hand, I try to grasp it.
Our fingertips touch gently, making me feel vibrant.
I feel so awkward. I feel my heart beat.
I feel the blood rushing throughout my whole body.
My body begins to re-construct itself.
Something happens to my face: it glows, I smile.
I see you smiling back at me, and I feel the urge to kiss you.
Your ruby-red lips wait this moment in which I unite them with mine.
When I finally reach you, everything goes back to normal.
The bloody me, the sailing guy falling to pieces.
No more smiles, no more glowing,
No more beautiful silhouette waiting for me.
It was an illusion that felt too real.
It was a mirage, just like you were to me.

No comments: