Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Don't Lie


Let me know if you’re dead, so I can mourn your absence.
Let me know if you’re far away, so I can write you a letter.
Let me know if you’re in jail, and maybe I’d visit you,
But please don’t tell me you lied to me.

Let me know if all you want is friendship, so I can learn how to act with you,
Let me know if you’re in love with someone else, so I can get out of the way.
Let me know if you’re sick, and I’ll send you a get well card,
But please don’t tell me you lied to me.

I miss the old you I knew, I miss you that night.
I miss your beautiful gaze; I miss the smell of your neck.

But now that you’re gone, I feel deeply your absence.
I need urgent your presence. Please come back!
If you don’t come back, let me at least know you didn’t lie.

No comments: